Want An Easy Way To Keep Your Dog Happy And Healthy In Less Than 10 Minutes A Day?
According to a 2012 survey conducted by the Association for Pet
Obesity Prevention, 53% of adult dogs were classified as overweight or
obese by their veterinarian. In addition to the health concerns, many
experts say that lack of exercise is a leading cause of hyperactive and
destructive behavior in dogs.
As the adopter of two beloved pit bull dogs, I'm always looking for
ways to keep them well exercised. My busy schedule doesn't allow for the
long walks recommended by professional dog behaviorists. I read about
something called a flirt pole and thought it would be worth trying out.
It works by converting the natural prey drive instinct in dogs into
exercise as they attempt to catch the lure by sprinting, changing
direction, and jumping.
So I bought one of the fiberglass rod flirt poles that are made in
China. The good news is that the dogs went crazy chasing the lure. The
bad news is that it lasted one day. One chomp on the tip of the rod and
the fiberglass broke, splintering in my dog's mouth. I was angry and
decided to design my own.
Sure, you can make a simple DIY flirt pole following instructions
online. But I didn't want a simple flirt pole, I wanted the best flirt
pole possible. So I developed the Squishy Face Studio Flirt Pole, which I
truly believe is the ultimate dog exercise toy for busy people. Our
Flirt Poles are made in the USA using components tested for durability,
strength, safety and light weight.
Here are some features that make our Flirt Pole V2 the best:
- The only flirt pole on the market that uses bungee cord to prevent “whiplash” when lure is caught
- Perfect for people with limited mobility
- Our tough dog toys can be used with dogs of any size
- Also works great as a training tool and provides the mental exercise dogs need
- Regular size flirt pole has a 36” pole section and 52” cord
- Jr size available for smaller play areas with 24" pole and 42" cord
- Includes your choice of durable polyester lures in different color combinations, with or without squeaker
- Easily change lures without the use of fasteners that can injure your dog's mouth
- Lightweight. The Flirt Pole with the included lure weighs less than one pound
- Soft, non-slip grip and wrist strap for easy handling
Imagine a quiet evening at home after a long, grueling day at work.
The only sound you hear is an occasional “snort, snort” and the muffled
“fruff, fruff, fruff” of dream barking. Your furry best friend is
sleeping like a log, tuckered out from playing with the Flirt Pole. You
are relaxed too. Comforted knowing that you are helping your four-legged
family stay happy and healthy while still having time to put your
aching feet up and let your body soak into soft cushions. This could be
your night too!